world is in Asia"
We permanently follow the market evolution of Greater China, a region evolving ten times faster than any western country and even more in luxury businesses.
According to a Chinese saying:
"If the water is too clear, there is no fish."
We help you read in that type of water as we breathe as Chinese people.
We think globally with the brands and advise them locally on how to succeed in the region.
Over 35 years of experience in the luxury industry in Hong Kong and Asia.
FRANCIS GOUTEN- Director
- 35 years of experience in the business of Luxury Goods.
- Worked more than 25 years in Hong Kong, has a special relationship with Asia and understanding of its complex luxury market.
- Important and well-established network with all the major players in the luxury market.
- Part of the team that developed Cartier in the 1970s, taking it from an unknown brand with just few boutiques, to the leading international luxury brand we know today.
- Former Marketing Manager of Cartier International.
- Former CEO of Cartier Asia.
- Former General Manager of Cartier France.
- Former CEO of Piaget International.
- CEO of Richemont Asia Pacific until 2006.
- President of The Hong Kong Watch Importers' Association from 2004 to 2006.
Francis returned to Asia in 2000 to build Richemont Asia Pacific and created the first Richemont subsidiary in China: worked closely with some of the most prestigious names in the business: Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Piaget, Vacheron Constantin, Alfred Dunhill, IWC and Jaeger-LeCoultre.
In 2006, Francis retired from Richemont and established Gouten Consulting, to help luxury brands with their marketing and strategic development in Asia-Pacific and luxury real estate developers to position their new development within Greater China.
Francis Gouten the Chairman of The Luxury Club, the first website selling luxury brand products without discount using the database of Taobao.