world is in Asia"
We permanently follow the market evolution of Greater China, a region evolving ten times faster than any western country and even more in luxury businesses.
According to a Chinese saying:
"If the water is too clear, there is no fish."
We help you read in that type of water as we breathe as Chinese people.
We think globally with the brands and advise them locally on how to succeed in the region.
Over 35 years of experience in the luxury industry in Hong Kong and Asia.
FRANCIS GOUTEN- Director
- 35 years of experience in the business of Luxury Goods.
- Worked more than 25 years in Hong Kong, has a special relationship with Asia and understanding of its complex luxury market.
- Important and well-established network with all the major players in the luxury market.
- Part of the team that developed Cartier in the 1970s, taking it from an unknown brand with just few boutiques, to the leading international luxury brand we know today.
- Former Marketing Manager of Cartier International.
- Former CEO of Cartier Asia.
- Former General Manager of Cartier France.
- Former CEO of Piaget International.
- CEO of Richemont Asia Pacific until 2006.
- President of The Hong Kong Watch Importers' Association from 2004 to 2006.
Francis returned to Asia in 2000 to build Richemont Asia Pacific and created the first Richemont subsidiary in China: worked closely with some of the most prestigious names in the business: Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Piaget, Vacheron Constantin, Alfred Dunhill, IWC and Jaeger-LeCoultre.
In 2006, Francis retired from Richemont and established Gouten Consulting, to help luxury brands with their marketing and strategic development in Asia-Pacific and luxury real estate developers to position their new development within Greater China.
Francis Gouten the Chairman of The Luxury Club, the first website selling luxury brand products without discount using the database of Taobao.
MARIE-HÉLÈNE PREVOT- Associate director
- 25 years in brand management and commercial strategy for luxury and high-end goods.
- International career (Europe, USA, Asia) and 11 years based in Hong Kong from 2003.
- Well-established network with key luxury brands and retail players in the region.
- Strong track record in branding and business management in sectors like fashion, accessories gastronomy and spirits, perfumery, cosmetics.
- Marie-Hélène has managed for 10 years the fashion and beauty department of Gesgrippes Gobe, international branding and design agency, established in Paris/New York and Tokyo/Seoul, managing strategic and development projects for brands like Boucheron, Ferragamo, Dior cosmetics, Shiseido, Gillette, Nivea, Unilever, L'oréal...
- She joined Remy Cointreau, first 5 years leading Remy Martin's worldwide commercial expansion and marketing upgrading strategy. Then, she arrived in Hong Kong in 2003 as Managing Director in Asia to structure Remy Cointreau distribution process, maximize top line growth as well as profit and branding supports for the whole Asia region.
- In 2009,Marie-Hélène decided to stay in Asia and quit Remy Cointreau to collaborate as partner and Associate Director to develop further for branding and retail in Gouten Consulting agency specializing for luxury business mostly in Greater China.